‘Winter is coming’ and soon the roads will be icy and more hazardous! There are lots you can do to help yourself through the winter period SO we have created a winter bucket list to help you!
Winter driving bucket list
- Non-perishable nibbles
- Phone charger+ fully charged mobile + sat nav
- Warm blanket, spare clothes, hat, gloves
- Book to read
- Make sure you are a member of a breakdown service and their number is left in car with membership number
- Winter check by a garage (normally free only a charge if something needs to be done) spare mixed coolant
- Windscreen wash
- Winter tyres but removed in spring
- Let people know your destination and approx time of arrival
- Ensure you taking note of major road signs landmarks in case of breakdown on phone or sat nav locate my location button in advance
- Keep windows closed as much as you can and doors locked.
- Anyone approaches ask for I.D if unsure if police or breakdown ring for verification.
- Braking distance should be up to 10 times more than normal in severe weather
- If severe weather please don’t drive.